Dynaudio Focus 260
• " Dynaudio has completely redesigned its popular Focus line with new cabinets, drivers, and crossovers. ...the Focus 260, for one, is noteworthy. It is a fabulous, small, floor-standing, all-around performer. This three-driver, 2.5-way speaker is easy to power and is not particularly difficult to place in a listening room, either. It has a neutral tonal balance and wonderfully articulate and extended bass for its size and price. The Focus 260's main trait is its beguiling musicality. An easy speaker to like in every way." — Best buy, The Absolute Sound.
• " The Focus 260 is an incredibly communicative loudspeaker. What’s more, it seems to have a better tonal balance than most Dynaudios I’ve heard over my entire career regardless of price - except perhaps for the DM 2/6. Today’s speaker is small with a more refined treble and a much superior more extended bass yet it maintains the sensitive tonal balance the DM had. Starting a review with such a grandiose intro is unusual but exactly how I felt. And I had to share my excitement about this discovery upfront. Still, this isn’t a review written under the—short heated—influence. I had opportunity to listen to the Model 160 in Munich and the 260 in the Polish importer’s listening room. Each time core traits repeated themselves to make the new Focus range really the center of gravity for Dynaudio’s new catalogue just as the Danes must have envisioned it. ..The sound of the Focus 260 is incredibly coherent. This is the type of coherence I take into account whenever I reference the upper high-end. It leaves no room for criticism." — 6 Moons.
Michell Engineering Gyro SE
•" The evergreen Gyro SE saw off all-comers in our Blind-Listening Group Test. ...the soundness of the design and continuous small improvements mean this is still the turntable to beat. We love the sheer musicality of the Michell, the tuneful and textured bass and the sense of entertainement it brings to all forms of music. The Gyro proves that age is no impediment to being an award winner." — Hi-Fi Choice 2011 Award Winner.
• "Think of it as a serious separates system that's been bundled into one box, then shrunk in the wash. ...Considering its diminutive dimensions, the UnitiQute has a surprisingly big sound. Bass is breathtaking... making for a gripping, bouncy rendition of any music you care to play. ...you'll always hear plenty of depth and width to the soundstage, letting immerse yourself in the music. Bristling with enthusiasm, the Naim gets you closer to the original recording than any other small system, and does so with such convenience too. A worthy Award winner." — Hi-Fi World 2011 Award Winner.
Audioquest Diamond USB
Un câble USB d'exception ! Dite adieu a vos câbles USB standard, aucun retour en arrière est possible. Pour nombre d'applications, le débit des communications numériques est important. Un "haut débit " permet de transférer de gros fichiers aussi rapidement que possible notamment pour les signaux en HD. Pour un câble USB, l'importance du débit n'est pas lié à la rapidité mais à la synchronisation du signal numérique au sein du train de données, qui doit permettre de reconstruire le signal analogique. En fait, les données endommagées par les décalages temporels (jitter) auront un impact direct sur la qualité du signal analogique et donc le plaisir d'écoute : le son sera plat, terne et confus au lieu d'avoir du relief et d'être clair.
• "This uber-expensive USB cable is simply revelatory in its combination of ease and refinement on one hand, and resolution and transparency on the other. Although capable of resolving the finest detrai, Diamond USB has a relaxed quality that fosters deep musical involvement. RH tried it in his state-of-the-art music server system and it immediately became his reference. Expensive, but worth it in high-end systems." — Best-buy, The Absolute Sound.
GoldenEar Technology Triton Two
• "GoldenEar’s Triton Two system establishes what I consider new high-water marks in all-around performance per dollar. The system gets all the big things right, such as smooth and neutral tonal balance, good sensitivity, full-throated dynamics, and absolutely killer surround-sound imaging. But it also provides many of the small but significant performance touches that differentiate great speaker systems from merely good ones — such as transient quickness, textural subtlety and finesse, resolution of low-level sonic details, plus the ability to convey a desirable and elusive quality of sonic effortlessness. Once again, Sandy Gross and Don Givogue have managed to place the key elements of high-end sound within reach for music lovers not made of money." — The Absolute Sound
• "...there's no denying the GoldenEar Triton Two is a fantastic high-end audiophile loudspeaker, well suited for both music and movies, that just so happens to NOT cost a fortune. In today's economy and audiophile market, the GoldenEar Triton is not only relevant - it's a downright bargain. Get your fine self out and hear these speakers, as they are the most important new speakers I've encountered in a long while." — Home Theater Review.
• "What struck me most about the Triton Twos was how closely my experience of listening with them paralleled previous encounters with no-holds-barred speakers — ones priced upward of $50,000. Music consistently took on an outsize scale that made it seem like I was immersed in a live event. Given all of the amazing things it can do, the Triton Two seems not just fairly but incredibly priced at $2,500/pair. If this speaker can’t lift you out of the audio doldrums, nothing will. " — Sound And Vision Product of the Year
HRT Music Streamer Pro
•" Considering that, for the most part, the HRT Music Streamer Pro could hold its own against a DAC costing almost two-and-a-half times as much says a lot. (To be fair, the Benchmark has many options not found on the Pro.) The differences were musically minimal enough that, for under $1000, I would easily choose the Pro... Considering its ability to run either balanced or unbalanced, I consider the Music Streamer Pro an easy short-list contender, if not the downright winner. It exhibits a finesse and ease lacked by the other DACs in its price range that I've heard. Because its products are USB-only, HRT has been able to focus its efforts on doing one thing quite well. And if you need that one thing done for not much money, you need to hear the Music Streamer Pro." — Stereophile.
HRT Music Streamer II+
•" I'm still extremely happy with the Music Streamer II; it has lifted my CD-based playback to an unexpectedly high level of enjoyment. And the ability to playback 24/96 digital files opens a whole new world of musical opportunities. But I'd easily pay the extra $200 for the upgraded MS II+; at $349, it's a real steal, and will lift your current CD and digital playback even higher. ... the Music Streamer II's performance is acceptably superb for $150; the Music Streamer II+'s performance is magnificent for $200 more." — Positive Feedback.
•" For the audiophile looking to branch into computer audio, the Streamer II+ is a real no-brainer..." — Hi-Fi Plus.
• "In a Group Test with not one bum note, it’s the all-new Spendors that take the glory. We can’t praise them enough… these are astoundingly good floorstanders… the most accomplished speakers available at this money." — What HiFi Group Test Winner.
• "These are brilliant speakers for the money. Their sound is a class-leading combination of insight and naturalness. A fast, detailed and dynamic sound, natural sonic balance, transparency, sturdy build. The A6’s are stunning." — What HiFi Five Stars award.
• "Deliver a clean feed and the results are simply staggeringly engaging and enjoyable. ..these speakers will bring real, live, breathing music into your home. Spendor’s often forgotten reputation for engineering innovation is clearly in safe hands, with products like the SA1 and A6 setting exacting new performance standards at their price points. Easy to use, easy to drive and easy to get the best out of, I love the A6s. They’re GRRRRRREAT!" — HiFi+.
• "as advertised - the A6 sounds very much like one of the original S models on serious steroids. What's hard to put into words is the effortless way in which the A6 combines the engaging naturalism of the original S models with significantly higher levels of resolution, especially through the heart of the midrange. You can hear much deeper into the mix, yet without being pushed toward the analytical end of the sonic spectrum." — The Absolute Sound, CES Show Report.
• "The A9s can make the walls of your listening room disappear and replace them with the inside of the grand church where the recording was made. The sense of space is palpable, as is the precise positioning of each of the instruments used. It'll make the hairs on your neck stand up. ...This might be a three-way speaker, but you'd never know the frequency range was divided between so many drivers, so smooth is the transition from bass to treble. A convincingly even tonal balance confirms Spendor's skill at merging and balancing drivers. These speakers are wholly transparent to the source and recording. ... The A9s are more than capable of kicking out basslines. They're taut, fast and punchy. The Spendor A9s are an awful lot of talented speaker." — What Hi-Fi 2010 Product of the Year Award, Best Stereo Speaker £3,000+
• "What the A9 does so well is to combine that BBC-speaker neutrality with a more exciting and dynamic presentation that modern audio demands. This makes it a speaker for all seasons. ... The dynamic range was especially impressive. On the A9 the scale of the music snaps at your attention gland and you are in there with the music. The level of detail is fine enough to pull hidden glories out of those grooves or digits... That might just make it the best investment in audio around today; not just in future resale value, but because these are the sort of loudspeakers that get handed down from father to son. That's how good they are." — Hi-Fi+.
• "Amazingly clean and transparent sound, agility, seamless integration; relatively unfussy about positioning. The A9 hasn't lost the naturalness of past Spendor models, and it's that quality, more than any other, that separates this floorstander from its rivals. There's much to impress in this performance. Another excellent Spendor speaker. We're sure you'll be impressed." — What Hi-Fi, Five Star Award.
• What Hi-Fi 2010 Product of the Year Awards, Best Stereo Speaker £3,000+
• "Spendor's new A9 is one impressive loudspeaker. ...has a wonderful midband and some of the best bass you'll hear from a loudspeaker of this type... The A9 is a very well developed loudspeaker with impressive ability" — Five Globe Winner, HiFi World.
Lavardin Model IS Reference
• "I have listened to an awful lot of hi-fi in the last 17 years ...this is the second time I have ever been so completely and utterly impressed with any single piece of equipment." — Hi-Fi+, Product Of The Year.
• "...superbly transparent sound - the kind of sound audiophiles pay tens of thousands of dollars to get. ...the Lavardin amps are bargains." — Stereophile.
• Class A Recommended Components. — Stereophile.
• " The Lavardin IS Reference is a true reference that every music lover should make a top priority to audition. A word of warning though: after experiencing the Lavardin's grace and resolution, otherwise very good electronics will sound crude and false." — Stereo Times.
Lavardin Model IT
• "Lavardin's Model IT is actually one of the hi-fi's great bargains. ...in every important sonic respect the Model IT is a revelational experience..." — Hi-Fi Choice, Editor's Choice Award.
• " This is a terrific integrated amplifier that is good enough to worry the very that's out there - irrespective of cost..." — What Hi-Fi.
• " How about £3495 for an amp that can live with the highest of the high-end (and beat a lot of them hollow) ? Sounds like a bargain to me." — Hi-Fi+.
• "More than a stunning amp, it's a revelation." — Prestige Audio Video.
• " ...possesses the ability to make almost every other amplifier sound cluttered and clumsy..." — Hi-Fi+.
• "The Lavardin Model IT serves as a potent reminder that the High End, at its best, is about the excitement of music..." — Stereophile.
• " The Model IT is certainly one of the most self-effacing, natural sounding amplifiers I've heard, almost regardless of price. Outstanding." — Hi-Fi World.
Modwright KWA 150
• " It’s hard for me to curb my enthusiasm in the presence of a sonic miracle. To my ears, the KWA 150 represents a smashing success, combining the musicality of tubes with the punch, power delivery, and bass reach of transistors. Factor in the performance and looks of this amp relative to its asking price and the result is a fantastic value." — The Absolute Sound.
Mark Levinson No.532H
• "...its sound won me over time after time. Its superior bass slam, soundstaging, treble detailing, midrange pitch definition, and jaw-dropping dynamic range equaled or exceeded that of my other ML amplifiers. ...One must consider this amplifier's superb build quality and impressive dynamic range playing hi-rez digital files. The No. 532H made my Snell A7 Illusion and Phantom B7 dynamic speakers sound more alive and more authoritative than ever before, with bass slam galore, while coaxing dynamic musical contrasts and subtle timbral textures from my more sensitive, electrostatic Quad ESL-989s. ...I'm recommending we give this relatively affordable stereo amplifier with the plain-Jane exterior and stunning inner beauty a Class A rating in Stereophile's Recommended Components." — Stereophile.
Adept Response aR12-TS
• " Talk about a velvety black background! GAWD! Beyond that, the improvements come in a more subtle and nuanced manner—slightly creamier tonal texture, better focus of instrumental voices—both in portraying individual size and physical location—and a somewhat heightened or more apparent sense of drive and pace. Overall, the result is even more of that wonderful transparency that the aR12-T ushered in. All these newly elevated attributes combine to offer an even more coherent presentation over all. All in all, the Audience aR12-TS represents a significant advance upon an already very significant product. ... While I couldn't have asked for a more effectual AC supply conditioner than the aR12-T, the posse at Audience has somehow managed to heap significant improve upon their already benchmark product. Those guys never cease to amaze me… and the new aR12-TS is most ENTHUSIASTICALLY and musically recommended." — Positive Feedback.
Adept Response aR12
• " What I didn't expect the AR to do was to provide the level of improvement that it did, or for that improvement to be so profound. Nor did I expect the AR to stand out so starkly from it's competitors. I've used a wide variety of power conditioning systems over the years — but none has ever produced the type or magnitude of benefits I got with the Adept Response. ...The Adept Response is something very special." — Stereophile, Recommended Components.
• "This is a remarkable product. And, in my experience, audibly superior to every other "conditioner" I have tried out." — The Absolute Sound,Golden Ear Award.
• "... beats the crap out of any other power conditioners I've had in my system." — Enjoy The Music.com
Adept Response aR6T
• “But none of the +85 power-conditioning products I’ve reviewed can touch what the Audience adeptResponse aR6-T did for the sheer amount of listening enjoyment I got from my reference system. Nothing else has produced a soundstage as large, or a more convincing sensation of instruments and performers being physically present in my room. Details of texture, harmonics, and space were terrific." — Ultra Audio.